In our Barcelona office we are looking for a Senior Python/Django Developer, who shares our passion for building next-generation web applications. As a back-end developer at Elements, you will work in a diverse team and implement innovative solutions to create high quality web applications that cater for a great user experience. Solutions that help our clients move even further!
WHO WE ARE
We are an independent, specialist agency with over 60 professionals
from all over the globe, working from offices in Barcelona (Spain) and
Almere (The Netherlands) for a variety of Dutch clients. We are
passionate about crafting lovable and usable digital experiences that
help move brands and people forward. We are dreamers and makers.
Check our current tech stack on stackshare.io/elements. To see some examples of our projects, check our website https://www.elements.nl/en/cases.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
You will play an important role in making estimates and defining project's architecture. You will come up with technical solutions and spend most of your time implementing these solutions testing your own work and the work of others. You will assist in defining database and (web) application designs. Furthermore, as a senior, you will support our Head of Technology and Technical Guide and will be the go-to person in the development team. You will adapt Elements' way of working and make suggestions to improve it. Last but not least, we would love to see that you have a natural drive to stay up to date with the latest technological innovations.
WHAT YOU NEED
- At least 3-4 years as a Python developer, preferably with Django
- Excellent coding skills and solid experience with relevant large-scale projects
- Ability to architect an application from start to finish
- Aware of modern Front-end architecture and ways of working
- Experience with software containerization (Docker)
- Proven experience in continuous integration and deployment (CI-CD)
- Experience in working with agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Ability to technically coach and support team members in projects
- Excellent English language and communication skills
- Results-oriented attitude, creative, flexible, open-minded
- Independent thinker, yet committed to company’s and team’s success
- Valid working permit for Spain/EU (we may consider visa sponsorship for highly qualified candidates, but only if they fulfil requirements)
you are based in Barcelona area or nearby, but for this vacancy we are
open to consider remote candidates living in other areas of Spain.
WHAT WE OFFER
Please, note that the current situation caused by Covid-19 has an impact on some of the benefits we offer (e.g. team events). Also, right now going to the office is voluntary.
- You will be a part of our international, talented and inspiring developers team, where you get to teach and learn at the same time
- We provide you with the equipment of your choice (laptop & accessories)
- When in office, we provide you with free breakfast, snacks, fruits and refreshments every day, unlimited freshly ground coffee and large variety of teas
- You will have flexible working hours and possibility to balance WFH with working at the office
- We also offer an opportunity to work on your health by organising team sports activities and providing significant discounts for physiotherapy sessions
- We encourage you to visit events/conferences and/or take courses to keep up-to-date and gain new skills
- Language Courses (when applicable)
- In addition to your salary, we contribute to your daily lunch costs through a Sodexo Restaurant Card
- We also offer a flexible compensation plan for your transport, lunch and nursery costs
- An insured company bicycle for home-work commute and personal use
- And, to top it off, obviously, what is work without some fun? We regularly organise drinks, dinners and team building outings (We hope we can do this soon again, once the situation with the pandemic improves.)
Do you see this role as a good match? Then we'd love to hear from you!