In our Barcelona office we are looking for a new colleague with a passion for building next-generation web applications. As a Python/Django Developer at Elements, you work in a diverse team and implement innovative solutions to create high quality web applications. Solutions that help our clients move forward!
WHO WE ARE
We are an independent, specialist agency with over 60 professionals from all over the globe, working from offices in Barcelona (Spain) and Almere (The Netherlands) for a variety of Dutch clients. We are passionate about crafting lovable and usable digital experiences that help move brands and people forward. We are dreamers and makers.
Check our current tech stack on stackshare.io/elements. To see some examples of our projects, check our website https://www.elements.nl/en/cases.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As a Backend Web Developer, you will work with your team to make estimates and define architecture. You will spend most of your time designing and coding technical solutions. You will also build brand new applications and participate in defining the project structure. We expect you to adopt Elements' way of working and make suggestions to continuously improve it. Last but not least, we hope you bring a natural drive to stay up to date with the latest technological innovations.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Solid experience with professional programming and development of relevant projects
- At least 3 years of experience in Python/Django development
- For this role we focus on skills in Python/Django first and foremost, but we are really keen on hiring Developers with a more diverse technical background or interest. Any experience with or eagerness to learn: Node.js, React, React Native, Typescript, Vue, Kotlin and Swift, is welcome.
- Aware of current CI-CD trends and able to work with them
- Experience with working in agile project teams (Scrum, Kanban)
- Excellent English language and communication skills
- Creative, curious, flexible and open-minded
- Independent thinker, yet committed to company’s and team’s success
- Valid working permit for Spain/EU
- Ideally, you are based in Barcelona area or nearby
WHAT WE OFFER
Please, note that the current situation caused by Covid-19 has an impact on some of the benefits we offer (e.g. team events). Also, right now we are all working remotely.
- You will be a part of our international, talented and inspiring developers team, where you get to teach and learn at the same time
- We provide you with the equipment of your choice (laptop & accessories)
- When in office, we provide you with free breakfast, snacks, fruits and refreshments every day, unlimited freshly ground coffee and large variety of teas
- You will have flexible working hours and possibility to balance WFH with working at the office
- We also offer an opportunity to work on your health by organising team sports activities and providing significant discounts for physiotherapy sessions
- We encourage you to visit events/conferences and/or take courses to keep up-to-date and gain new skills
- Language Courses (when applicable)
- In addition to your salary, we contribute to your daily lunch costs through a Sodexo Restaurant Card
- We also offer a flexible compensation plan for your transport, lunch and nursery costs
- An insured company bicycle for home-work commute and personal use
- And, to top it off, what is work without some fun? We regularly organise drinks, dinners and team building outings (We hope to be able to do this soon again, once the pandemic situation improves.)
Do you see this role as a good match? Then we'd love to hear from you!