We are looking for an experienced (medior to senior) Front-End Developer, who is able to translate great design into great code and has a real passion for crafting maximum user experience. Are you fully aware of how digital applications should look, feel, and move? Do you like animation, great design, and pixel-perfect attention to detail? If your answer is a definite YES, keep on reading...
WHO WE ARE
We are an independent, specialist agency with over 60 professionals
from all over the globe, working from offices in Barcelona (Spain) and
Almere (The Netherlands) for a variety of Dutch clients. We are
passionate about crafting lovable and usable digital experiences that
help move brands and people forward. We are dreamers and makers.
Check our current tech stack on stackshare.io/elements. To see some examples of our projects, check our website elements.nl/en/work.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
You will develop functional and appealing web applications based on usability. You will build quality mock-ups and prototypes on tight timelines and assist our back-end developers in coding and troubleshooting. Your front end applications are consistent across all browsers and platforms and you are able to maintain graphic standards and branding throughout the product's interface. Furthermore, you will breathe the Elements' way of working and make suggestions to improve it. Last but not least, we would love to see that you have a natural drive to stay up to date with the latest technological innovations.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Sound knowledge of modern libraries, tools and experience with either React.Js or Vue.js framework
- Solid grasp of interfacing with RESTful APIs
- Be well versed in style sheet languages such as Sass/SCSS
- Experience with code driven animations & transitions
- Preferably also experience in mobile development and responsive lay-outs
- Previous exposure to agile project methodology (Scrum)
- Excellent English language and communication skills
- Proactive mentality, flexible, open-minded and a teamplayer attitude
- Valid working permit for Spain/EU (we may consider visa sponsorship for highly qualified candidates, but only if they fulfil requirements)
- Ideally, you are based in Barcelona area or nearby, but for this vacancy we are open to consider remote candidates living in other areas of Spain.
WHAT WE OFFER
Please, note that the current situation caused by Covid-19 has an impact on some of the benefits we offer (e.g. team events). Also, right now access to our BCN office is voluntary.
- You will be a part of our international, talented and inspiring developers team, where you get to teach and learn at the same time
- We provide you with the equipment of your choice
- We provide you with free breakfast, snacks, fruits and refreshments every day, unlimited freshly ground coffee and large variety of teas
- You will have flexible working hours and possibility to balance WFH with working at the office
- We also offer an opportunity to work on your health by organising team sports activities and providing significant discounts for physiotherapy sessions.
- We encourage you to visit events/conferences and/or take courses to keep up-to-date and gain new skills.
- Language Courses (when applicable)
- In addition to your salary, we contribute to your daily lunch costs through a Sodexo Restaurant Card
- We also offer a flexible compensation plan for your transport, lunch and nursery cost
- An insured company bicycle for home-work commute and personal use
- And, to top it off, obviously, what is work without some fun? We regularly organise drinks, dinners and teambuilding outings
Do you see this role as a good match? Then we'd love to hear from you!