We are looking for an Android Developer with a passion for crafting delightful user experiences. As part of our diverse team, you will implement solid and innovative solutions to build high quality mobile applications.
WHO WE ARE
We are an independent, specialist agency with over 60 professionals from all over the globe, working from offices in Barcelona (Spain) and Almere (The Netherlands) for a variety of Dutch clients. We are passionate about crafting lovable and usable digital experiences that help move brands and people forward. We are dreamers and makers
Check our current tech stack on stackshare.io/elements. To see some examples of our projects, check our website https://www.elements.nl/en/cases.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As an Android Developer you will build brand new applications from scratch and collaborate with colleagues to make estimates and define architecture. Besides that you will also participate in defining project structure. You will contribute to open source and build open source software. To do so, you need to adopt Elements’ way of working and always feel encouraged to make suggestions to improve it. Personal development is key to be on top of your game, so staying up to speed with the latest technological innovations is something we encourage.
WHAT YOU NEED
- At least a 3 years experience developing apps for Android
- Natural drive for writing clean code and following best practices
- Understanding of mobile users' perspective
- Proactive mentality, flexible, open-minded and a team-player attitude
- Previous experience working in agile environments
- Quality-oriented attitude, creative
- Open-minded and adaptive
- Independent thinker, yet committed to company’s and team’s success
- Valid working permit for Spain/EU (we may consider visa sponsorship for highly qualified candidates, but only if they fulfil requirements)
- Excellent English language and communication skills
WHAT WE OFFER
Please, note that the current situation caused by Covid-19 has an impact on some of the benefits we offer (e.g. team events). Also, right now access to the office is voluntary.
- You will be a part of our international, talented and inspiring developers team, where you get to teach and learn at the same time
- We provide you with the equipment of your choice
- We provide you with free breakfast, snacks, fruits and refreshments every day, unlimited freshly ground coffee and large variety of teas
- You will have flexible working hours and possibility to balance WFH with working at the office
- We also offer an opportunity to work on your health by organising team sports activities and providing significant discounts for physiotherapy sessions.
- We encourage you to visit events/conferences and/or take courses to keep up-to-date and gain new skills.
- Language Courses (when applicable)
- In addition to your salary, we contribute to your daily lunch costs through a Sodexo Restaurant Card
- We also offer a flexible compensation plan for your transport, lunch and nursery cost
- An insured company bicycle for home-work commute and personal use
- And, to top it off, obviously, what is work without some fun? We regularly organise drinks, dinners and team building outings
Do you see this role as a good match? Then we'd love to hear from you!